Thursday, August 14, 2014

HEALING INTENTIONS, DISTANCE HEALING AND QUANTUM PHYSICS

I'm aware that a lot of people rely heavily on social media (particularly Facebook) to alert their friends when there is a medical emergency or situation that needs unified prayer for healing...it has become the modern equivalent of what we used to call a "prayer chain", and I not only think it's a good thing, I've also used it for that purpose myself when I've personally needed prayer, or needed to request it in behalf of someone else...and I've gotten good results from it...

Among my own friends and followers on social media I have relationships with some who post phrases like "please agree with me in prayer" or "calling all prayer warriors!" in these cases, and I have other friends who are more prone to say things like "please send some good intentions our way", or "in need of some good thoughts and positive vibes right now"...

Because I'm spiritually mature, I understand what all of them are saying, and I'm totally good with however they want to express their concern for me or for whoever needs the prayer/intention/vibe of health and well-being...I've seen a couple of people who are coming from a more traditional church-mindset post something to this effect "I need PRAYER...don't send me any of that 'intention' or 'vibe' nonsense!", and I think that's unfortunate, because they're all really saying the same thing...

When someone is in need of physical, emotional, spiritual or mental help, a good thought or intention sent to them is more important than some might realize...in a universe where everything is energy, your thoughts and intentions can, and do, influence matter...the Scriptures say "He SENT HIS WORD and healed them", and the man who Jesus dubbed as having "the greatest faith in all Israel" was the Roman Centurion who understood the principle of distance healing by saying "SPEAK A WORD ONLY and my servant will be healed!"

People often speak of sending good, loving, healing thoughts to help someone, but they may not fully appreciate the power that these positive thoughts have...and those who are adamant about only using more "biblically-based" terms might need to open their minds a little...I'll tell you this, if you're really sick and in severe pain, and especially if you have something that is life-threatening, you probably don't really care about how people express these ideas...you just want relief and need help...

I know in my own case, on the few occasions that I've expressed a need for personal help with the physical, I was glad for every single "I'm praying" comment and/or "I'm sending healing vibes" comment...I personally felt better with the posting of each one of them...

Distance healing has been studied for a long time, sometimes with inconclusive results...but the study of Quantum Physics has made tremendous advances in our understanding of the way the universe works...what we have learned is that everything, including the body and our thoughts, are energy...as we have discussed, thought energy is particularly powerful, and has been shown to influence matter... this means that distance healing is not only possible but very real...

I've read a little about studies done on people trained in distance healing, which is simply defined as the sending of healing intentions remotely, or outside the reach of the physical senses...these studies have shown how the "senders" could influence the autonomic nervous system of the recipient of their intentions...as you probably know, the autonomic nervous system is the part that controls involuntary bodily functions like heart rate, perspiration, and digestion...these studies have demonstrated that when one person transmitted his/her healing intention onto a patient, the recipient’s autonomic nervous system showed an immediate activation...this was measured with skin conductance, which is the skin’s ability to conduct electricity...

Once when I was teaching on this I showed a video of people sending intentions to a person with a tumor, and you could see the tumor actually shrinking on an x-ray while they were activating...another well-designed study I've heard about had people, or “senders”, send intentions for ten seconds at a time, followed by a break, and every single time they sent their intentions, they activated the autonomic nervous system of the patient, or the “receiver”...when the sender was taking a break, there was no activation of skin conductance in the patients...the best results were found with people trained in compassionate intention, but even the untrained participants in the study were able to generate at least some kind of autonomic response...

To be clear, the purpose of these kinds of studies isn't to prove that the "senders" could heal the "receivers", just that the intentions of the sender had some sort of influence on the receiver...the implication is that healing intentions (such as love) can create positive changes in another person, regardless of distance from the receiver...

Again, from Quantum Theory we know that EVERYTHING IS ENERGY...and we know from our revelation of Christ-consciousness that EVERYONE IS CONNECTED!

Think of your thoughts, emotions and intentions radiating out from you in the same way that music radiates out from a radio...your ears may not perceive the music when there’s a physical obstacle or distance in the way of the vibration of the sound coming from the radio, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn't exist... it just means that we can’t consciously perceive it...

I come from a long line of people who have believed in Divine Healing for generations...I grew up hearing amazing testimonies from people with whom I was personally acquainted who had experienced miraculous manifestations of healing...the fact that Quantum Physics confirms what we knew by the Spirit only makes me stronger and healthier...

So if you're more of a prayer-type person, please don't trivialize it when someone sends you healing vibes or good intentions...it's all the same thing, and it all came from God...Jesus told His disciples "Those who are not against us are for us", after they complained to Him that a man they saw working miracles wasn't healing people the "right" way...

I send good thoughts of well-being to you today...

I send you healing intentions...

You are in my prayers...

Be healed...

Be whole...

Be well...

Namaste...

23 comments:

  1. Irma Crump said...

    Thank you Bishop, more people should understand this thought process, when we are all in one accord, we can do powerful things. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie Sue Allen said...

    Very well said. I get it completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lonna Spencer said...

    I guess these people don't understand that much of the testing ordered by physicians are checking vibrations/electrical activity of the body. I appreciate support in any manner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donald Cofield said...

    Absolutely. If I had just found out that I had waded through a patch of poison ivy it wouldn't hurt my feelings one single bit to know that there was a witch doctor in Haiti who had just fashioned a voodoo doll in my image and was sloshing it around in a vat of mercurochrome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard Russell Jr. said...

    Good word. And to be truthful don't we all have friends that if they said " you're in my prayers" you'd be like seriously, you know how to do that?? LOL I am receptive to any kind of positive thought or word someone feels led to send my way, however they want!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy Dorland said...

    Thank you for putting unifying language to the truths as ancient as time itself and beyond any one Word.... Namaste as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon Hames said...

    This is so spiritually on target. Thanks, Bishop Jim Swilley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jojo Bongos Bailey said...

    i have been dipped , i have been sprinkled , i been dunked, i have been blessed , i been thunked on the forehead , i have had benny hinn holy ghost softballs thrown at me , i have crawled up the mountain backwards on my hands and knees , i have got nekkid in the woods and painted myself with berries, i have eaten cactus and mushrooms and met all kinds of spirits , i have read every book on god known to man , and i finally got tired enough to just sit and realise i aint never gonna figure it out , they all were headed in the same direction , just sit and FEEL part of , let the breath of life blow thru me , and quit putting my mental wall of thoughts up against it. and i feel pretty darn good even when i feel pretty darn bad. surrender. ........... just smile mentally in my direction and i be healed... ..................... thanks bish dude. ....................... oh btw .................. "I send good thoughts of well-being to you today..."

    ReplyDelete
  9. A James Collins said...

    I receive ... Thank you Bishop. Continue to teach unashamedly and unapologetically. The truth is making us FREE!!! Njoy Life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yvonne Fuller said...

    NEMASTE. .just posted sending the word for healing this morning on RIVER post. Great confirmation. And so it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelvin Mohammed said...

    Thank you for this Word...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stan Lester said....

    Would be interested to hear your thoughts concerning the importance of vibrations / thoughts / intentions being sent "in the name of Jesus".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dusty Goss Takle said...

    All thoughts are energy....positive or negative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Douglas Equality Sanders said...

    Thank you for this enlightenment. This reinforces what I've recently been learning about energy vibrations, healing, the power of the mind. Really appreciate all that you share and the wisdom that God has blessed you with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Javalyn Hall-Johnson said...

    Let the vibes flow thru :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the great feedback, everyone...and I'm good with using the Name of Jesus, Pastor Stan...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emilio D'Angelo said...

    So awesome!!!! Thank you so much for your words. Reminds me of something so many years ago and how God has blessed me all these years. God has made me able to speak will all kinds of people, even when I was a child older people would just tell me their problems. When you really care for someone God will give you how to talk to them, everyone is different, not better or worse, more or less important, just communicate differently. God loves us all, those who speak well or don't and those who say the "right" things or don't. Not to minimize what you said but your words bring us all together and to me in God this is most important..... it's all about Love. Love you Jim and all the work you are doing in Christ, with Christ and through Christ! Blessings and good thoughts to your Church and all the members! Yes I do mean blessings to the building as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yvette Smith said...

    Good words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sue Hopkins Kernan said...

    Good Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beth Bonner said...

    You can send plenty of good thoughts, good intentions and prayers our way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lacy Ryan Culbertson said...

    intense.....truth....

    ReplyDelete