Monday, April 3, 2023

SUNDAY AT METRON - 4/2/23

 "Today was the start of a new journey...I love it..."

- BB

"A sobering and celebratory unveiling with class and elegance."
- DW
"...My buddy Jim Swilley started a new adventure yesterday, on top of celebrating turning 65. The new adventure, a weekly Sunday service at the Atlanta Theater. Some people are an old 65...Jim is a young 65, and it shows in his love of life. You could feel that he was happy yesterday, and why not? His eldest son took the stage, and the place was under his spell, as he spoke from his heart about his struggles. His youngest son stood off to the side, and his other son was holding service in Conyers. His only daughter lives in New Mexico, but he speaks of her often, and when he talks of his three granddaughters, you literally can feel his heart dancing within him. All the while, his husband of 11 years sat on the front row, so sweet, to each and every one that comes around Jim. These years that I have known Jim have gone by quickly...yesterday I could tell, he was happy. One of the joys of life is celebrating other people, their journeys, their adventures, their successes, their life. Jim is easy to celebrate, to use an overused cliche, he is a blessing. I like the new place. He is at floor level, all of the seats are looking down. Most preachers stand on a pulpit, on a stage, behind a podium. It is a sign of authority, where most are looking down on people. Whenever I meet a new dog, I always kneel down to the dog's level, to let him know I am his buddy. The new place is a setting where it is as if Jim is saying, 'I’m your buddy, come in and have a seat.'"
- EWS
"We had a late arrival in port today, so I was able to watch Metron on tape delay. What a powerful and moving and informative interview with Jared Swilley! For myself, and also other viewers, would it be possible to post a bibliography of all the books you and Jared mentioned in conversation? I would love to read them!"
- HB
"Just watched this week's METRON....WOW! Jared said some powerful things! I have been around 12 Step stuff most of my adult life, so I understood his language. He gave a lot of hope to the people that asked him questions......Thanks to him for sharing. I hope you are having a great birthday!"
- JBT
















No comments:

Post a Comment