Saturday, August 30, 2014

POSITIVE PRAYER AND THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND

They say that the Subconscious Mind cannot process verbalized negatives...it just simply does not hear them...I don't know how they know that, but everything that I've read by those who are experts in the field of studying the Subconscious says the same thing, so apparently it's true...

For instance, if you say to a child "I really don't want you to eat that candy before dinner!", the child's Subconscious Mind actually only hears, "I really want you to eat that candy before dinner!"...

Or if you say "I definitely do not want to overeat tonight at the pizza place!", your Subconscious hears "I definitely want to overeat tonight at the pizza place!"...

In these two examples, both the words “don't” and "not" leave the subconscious, and deep down you only think about eating the pizza, and the kid only thinks about eating the candy...this is one of the reasons children often do exactly the opposite of what we tell them not to do...obviously, sometimes they are just testing us when they do the opposite, but often it is simply because their Subconscious Mind and Conscious Mind have not connected the dots...we have to train them (and ourselves) to correctly to fill in the blank...

It is also imperative that you never structure any positive affirmation that you make in the negative (such as "I don't want to be broke anymore")...there are good reasons for being aware of this...first of all, by placing your focus on "Not Wanting" to be broke you are really inadvertently focusing your attention on being broke, even if you don't realize that your concentration is being misguided...the Subconscious just isn't wired to recognize the negative contraction, "Don't"...it only picks up that you "Want" to be broke...

Always be sure to structure your affirmations in the positive, with the placement of your focus on the intended outcome...in fact "Want" is a word that you'll probably want to leave out of your positive affirmation, altogether, because "Want" ultimately implies lack...in the KJV (King James Version) it says, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want", but many better, more modern and more accurate translations say something like, "Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need"... if nothing else, you can replace "Want" with "Desire", and get much better results...

And to further aid your prayers/intentions/affirmations, it's beneficial to avoid the use of words that state “negatives” and “negations” completely, because they confuse the power of the affirmation within your prayers...I don't want to get too technical about this and make it sound like some religious ritual, or influence you to become legalistic about it all, but, honestly, words are really just too powerful and creative to underestimate them even a little, I think...

I get asked this question a lot, and I've taught on it recently, but in the Lord's Prayer, Jesus says something in the KJV that just never sounded right to me...in the King's Elizabethan translation it says, "And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil"...that just never resonated with my spirit when I read it or said it, and I've learned over the years that my spirit is most times more trustworthy than is the text of the translation...you have to know how to trust your heart in these matters...if it doesn't bear witness with you, you need to check it out and find out why...so I studied this phrase in the original language, and found that what Jesus actually said there was something more like "And deliver us from the hour of our testing and trial", or "Keep us from the day of calamity"...big difference...Jesus always spoke in the affirmative...

In other words, it's best to avoid the use of “no,” “not,” “none,” etc...pretty much any "N-word" is advisable to steer clear of...always a good idea to omit those...instead of praying, “Lord, don’t let bad things happen to me today”,  you could say, “Lord, keep me safe today.”...or if you're more of an "intention" person, "I will be safe today!" 

The prayers or intentions have essentially the same meaning to English speakers, but the word construction makes the prayer with no N-word infinitely more powerful through the Law(s) of Attraction...while the former is impotent, and potentially even counterproductive, the latter is a prayer/intention that is suited to how the Subconscious actually works... 

Some highly credible sources have even claimed that “negative” words are not even recognized in prayer, so the first prayer would instead be interpreted without its negative word as “Lord, LET bad things happen to me”...remember, Life AND death are in the power of the tongue!

This change is a very minor tweaking of the way you pray or make affirmations that can have a HUGE effect on how and what you manifest...

Just remember...always keep it positive!

15 comments:

  1. Willie Bush said....

    Bish, I love your use of the N-word here. Thanks for teaching me so much. Not a week (or usually a day) goes by that I miss giving thanks for your influence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny Herring said...

    Great thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave Lambert said...

    Jim Swilley Thanks for posting this - VERY Powerful !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DrKluane Spake said...

    Am thankful for that Word of Faith background with prayer and confession!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott Blankenship said...

    Wow.. thank you for writing this. Very insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gale Coats said...

    makes sense to me! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine Williams said...

    Very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aubrey Gallimore said...

    Good stuff. Now I'm trying to figure out how to word what i don't want my children to do so they don't do the opposite because i really need them to do what i say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jill Joines Christensen said...

    I remember your teaching this on one of your old tape series. A couple years later I heard the same thing in Ed Psych. Have been trying to do this ever since, in my life and in the instructional material I write and edit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tony Howard said...

    Im so greatful for the Word of Faith Teaching but I believe you will take it to a whole new level just like your Uncle Earl did for the Message of the Kingdom. This is a great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rosalind ThePeaceful Evers said...

    I paused and pondered after I read the second paragraph! My fellow teachers and I have such a great influence on students! Let there be Light so we will do a better job with God's children. They may only be with us for 180 days; however, our words will last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jill Joines Christensen said...

    Tony, you are so right, and he has already been doing this for over 20 years because that is when this lapsed Presbyterian stumbled into North Highland Church and Jim Earl Swilley was teaching. I bought three tape sets that night and bought another set every time I could afford it.

    Even then, people all over the world were listening to his teaching.

    I had a shelf full of his tape sets, including three series on healing and one of the best, a 12 tape set called the Mind of Christ. I listened to all of them over and over. I wore out my rewind button on his tapes.

    Then I began loaning the tapes series to many people, who were equally blessed by them. I got every tape in every series back from everyone because they knew I always had someone else waiting for that series and I wouldn't loan them another series till I got that one back.

    There is no telling how many lives any of us can change if we run with the gifts, the talents, and the wisdom that are already available to us. I'm so glad for my own sake that that is exactly what Jim Swilley chose to do with his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks, everyone! You've made an already wonderful day that much more wonderful!!! Love you all!!!

      Delete